I researched tools, techniques, types of beads, etc. When I had all the knowledge my brain could take at the time, I finally began working on a necklace. It was a simple piece, but I was so proud of myself. So, I started telling friends that I started making jewelry. The best mistake I have made.
A close friend of mine, in late 2007, asked if I would make some pieces for a wedding party. It through me for a loop. I wasn't experienced. I had only made one piece before that conversation - when she reads this blog, she'll probably kill me. But, I figured I had to start somewhere. And I had confidence that I could do a good job, even if I had to spend months to get it right.
So, I went back researching and practicing. In a few months, I had learned many techniques, especially with metal wire. Then I started researching types of metals and beads and gems to use. I was doing so much research that I didn't start the pieces until a month before the wedding! However, in 2008, when she got married, I was proud of the finished product.
The pictures are horrible. But, I never expected to put them on a blog. :)
Bracelet with aquamarine beads, mother of pearl clasp, sterling silver metal, and Lapis lazuli beads
Chandelier earrings with sterling silver metal and aquamarine beads
Double necklace with sterling silver chain and light aqua chalcedony quartz beads
Dangle earrings with sterling silver chain and light aqua chalcedony quartz beads
I must admit, the girls looked beautiful in my jewelry. So, four years have passed and I decided that it's time I start moving forward. Why not begin with a blog?




No comments:
Post a Comment
Let yourself be heard